Called Let’s do it for Pendle, local people are being urged to follow new rules put in place by a Pendle Task Force which includes the NHS, Lancashire County Council, Pendle Council and community organisations.
The five point plan for Pendle is:
- Get tested if you have symptoms or if someone you live with or have been in close contact with recently has tested positive
- Avoid family and group gatherings indoors and overnight stays
- Wherever possible, do shopping online, pre-book appointments and make contact-less payments to avoid overcrowding
- Wear a face covering in enclosed public spaces from now – including shops and supermarkets
- Shops and businesses must display the maximum number of people allowed inside and stick to that number to maintain social distancing and keep customers and staff safe.
Pendle people can check safety advice on Pendle Council’s website www.pendle.gov.uk/coronavirus
Anyone with symptoms must self-isolate for 7 days from the point their symptoms started. It is very important to stay at home, get yourself tested and follow the advice from the NHS Test and Trace service.
If you live with someone with symptoms, you must self-isolate for 14 days from the day their symptoms started, as it can take 14 days for symptoms to appear.
People can contact NHS 111 on-line for healthcare advice.