We’re a non-political, grassroots body with the task of understanding and representing the views of the Roughlee community.
Introducing your Parish Council
The Parish Council is the third tier of local government, after the Borough Council and the County Council, but it is a non-political body. It is at the grassroots and as such is in the best position to listen and respond to the views of the local community.
Parish Council meetings take place at 7pm in the Village Centre on the first Monday of every month, except where they clash with public or other holidays. All residents are welcome and entitled to attend – there is a short time at the start of each meeting given over to public questions.
We’d encourage you to share with us your thoughts, concerns and ideas so we can better represent all parts of our village community. On the left is a link to some of the latest discussions and planning applications, and below you’ll find contact details for getting in touch.
What we do
Some of the activities Roughlee Booth Parish Council currently carries out for the benefit of the Village include:
- As Custodian Trustees of the Village Centre, it supports the Management Committee in maintaining the building
- Considers all planning applications relating to Roughlee, and makes comments as appropriate to the Borough Council
- Seeks grants for various environment projects throughout the Village
- Maintains bus shelters, seats and benches, garden areas and verges
- Via the Lengsthsman scheme, maintains and waymarks public footpaths and bridleways
- Noticeboards at the Village Centre, Happy Valley and Noggarth Road
- Undertakes special projects including this website
Who we are
Email Andrew Walker →
Telephone: 01282 611126
Email Mary Reed →
Responsible Financial Officer
Responsibilities include Friends of Roughlee Appearance
Responsibilities include Roughlee Village Centre
Responsibilities include Roughlee.org.uk – Get in touch →
Responsibilities include Safe Lanes & Speed Indicator Devices
Responsibilities include village maintenance issues
Pendle Borough Councillor
Telephone: 07966 527958
Email Carlo Lionti →
Lancashire County Councillor
Telephone: 07772 423 819
Email Christian Wakeford →